Monday, June 29, 2009

Social Web

After going online multiple times throughout the term, I came to the conclusion that I was very dissatisfied with all the math forums I cam across on the web. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look for a forum that would answer any questions regarding teaching middle and high school math?

The best place I found to gather information, and to collaborate with my peers was after school discussions with the English teacher. We would spend anywhere from half-an-hour to an hour a day talking about anything from class management to individual differentiated techniques.

Another good resource that I received many good answers to my questions was the district principle. He taught math for many years and had good incite on almost any question I brought forth. He was also very willing to spend time with me, even though he was always busy.

I found personal interaction much more effective than an online forum. If I found a forum with the same kind of interaction I got personally, then it may have the chance to be very productive.

No comments: